This summer it’s all about a pop of bright, bold colors and I must say that I’m crazy about yellow!
From my long, yellow Susana Monaco strapless, maxi dress to my teeny tiny, yellow and white polka dot bikini, I have yellow fever! I’ve been popping this color everywhere from a discreet yellow and navy necklace paired with a white tank and white linen pants, to my favorite Chanel nail polish in shades of yellow (2011’s Chanel Mimosa and this season’s limited edition Gold Fingers as a fashion statement on my toes and fingers)
Some of my favorite ways to “do” yellow are the following:
1. White linen pants with a white sheer tank top. Pair it up with navy Tory Burch sandals with gold logo and you have perfection! Add a yellow headband and the result is instant style!
2. Dark denim skinny jeans with a white blouse or white blazer with white tank top. Add yellow shoes or handbag for an elegant, yet trend setting touch.
3. A long yellow dress with a simple long gold necklace and sandals.
4. White shorts like the “Sateen” from The Banana Republic Trina Turk Collection, $50, paired with a yellow top, brown or navy belt and simple sandals makes for a great “daytime summer” outfit..
5. Carry this look into the night by throwing a fitted navy blazer w/ rolled sleeves (J Crew Schoolboy blazer, $198) over a yellow tank top, gold, stacked bangle bracelets with cork colored high heel. (of course, I always wear my cork Loubis for instant glamour!).
6. The yellow bikini! This one will make you a goddess of the beach! Add a worn, light colored, denim shirt for your cover up. Gold rimmed Ray Ban aviators for your sunglasses and a natural straw, floppy sun hat.
Remember: The key to making a statement with color is to always look classically chic. A simple addition of color is the best way to stand out in a crowd and to show the world that you are a true fashionista on top of the latest trends!